Plagued with Fear


I know it has been a while since I last wrote, but I have been afraid to. Afraid of rejection, afraid of not being liked, afraid that people would find out my deep dark secrets and think the worst of me...blah blah blah...you name the fear and I probably have it. Yea, it looks like I have come down with a case of Fear-anoia


This all started about a month ago when I noticed that there was a spider on my wall. Now I am not in anyway shape or form a fan of spiders. In fact they make my skin crawl and I act like a little screaming Mimi when they are about. Suffice it to say that I was not having it. I got my tissue out ready to grab that sucker in the folds of my Kleenex and toss it in the toilet, but the moment I got up to crush it there was a much BIGGER spider directly below it and I literally shrunk back as shivers went down my spine.

I froze in fear, my mind racing as to where was the nearest shoe to clobber this mammoth beast with. I carefully moved anything blocking it's way as to get direct aim at it. After finding the right shoe I sent it hurling straight at this whopper of a spider only to have the critter fall to the floor trying to get away. Panic took over because I did not want that THING getting away!

I started to hit the floor until my shoe came into contact with the spider's body. Repeatedly I beat it to a pulp until the spider lay motionless with missing limbs. I felt bad about hurting one of God's creatures, but I was in so much fear that this animal would harm me that I was not thinking logically. It was my nature to attack it. For several nights after that I would be in fear that spiders were going to inhabit my bed or room that I would check my walls and ceiling for spiders every night before I went to sleep.

I started to pray for good to remove the fear and protect me as I slept. Every time I have prayed that prayer God has eased my fear. I also give all of my worry and anxiety to God because he says in His Good Word to Cast my cares on Him for He cares for me (1 Peter 5:7). It is so important to not dwell on those things that cause you to fear, like worry and anxiety. God calls us to Worry about nothing, but to Pray about EVERYTHING (Philippians 4:6)! Even those things we think are so insignificant. Take them to the Lord in prayer.

God has opened my eyes to the blinders I had on. To the mask of fear that has been engulfing my life. For so long I have been plagued by fear. It eats at me day and night. The Enemy works overtime to keep me in the dark, but God is there with his bright beam of light shining ever so bright and in the midst of that darkness he is like the Light of EƤrendil and he will blind all my enemies with the power of His blazing light and glory.

He is starting to open up the places in my heart where fear has dwelt and for this I am thankful! Here is great Psalm to declare over your life when in doubt in fear. Use this as a prayer for you and/or your loved ones. It has brought me great comfort.

Psalm 91 (NIV)
1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”

3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Total Pageviews

Tweet About It

points2shop

Get Some Swag!

Search & Win

Check This Out!

I review for BookSneeze

Blips

Followers


Recent Comments